Monday, February 27, 2012

Sixtes' Glam


I hope everyone had fun watching Oscars today. As they say red carpet is the new runway, I love watching the red carpet. Fashion and style is always spectacular and something to look forward to; I find it very inspirational! Btw, I’m writing this post as I’m watching the awards in between commercials!



Last weekend I did a fun shoot inspired by 60’s glamour. One of the very famous styles in 1960s was the little black dress accessorized with pearls or diamonds, very glamorous, sophisticated and lady like. I thought it would be cool to bring back that 60's glamour through my post. I just love everything about this look, the classic bouffant hairdo, luscious lashes, thick winged eyeliner, and black gloves; they all add so much glamour to a simple LBD. I styled this LBD which I wear to work inspired by Audrey Hepburn's look in the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's. Her LDB is perhaps the most famous little black dress of all time; in fact her entire look in that scene is one of the most iconic looks ever. Here, I accessorized my LBD with pearl jewellery, long black globes, black purse and a pair of classic pumps. I must mention that my makeup artist Tia Vu did an amazing job with my makeup and hair, without which I wouldn't have been able to pull of this style so easily. I had so much fun doing this shoot, hope you’ll enjoy the pictures.










Gotta love Swinging 60's

Stay Stylish!

Romu

Photography by: Yasser Elansary@Pharaoh Photography Group. Email: yelansary@bigpond.com
Make up by: Tia Vu @ www.tvbeauty.com.au Email: tia@tvbeauty.com.au

4 comments:

  1. I like the makeup and hair, will you be doing a post or tutorial on it? Do u have a youtube account?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MISSR, thanks but unfortunately i'm not a hair/makeup expert. I'd love to film a tutorial if my hairstylist/makeup artist agrees:) I'm not on youtube yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Romu, reading your blog for a while now . and what have i found !! So classy, timeless and motivating. i liked your style sense which is simple yet statement making. and The post is so Audrey. liked it.

    http://shilupoudel.blogspot.com/2012/07/21-clever-uses-of-everyday-items.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shilu,

      thanks you so much for your kind words, it's really encouraging:)

      Cheers,
      Romu

      Delete